Thursday, August 3, 2017

Day 21

I had a meeting with Dr. Qiao today, and Dr. Qiao gave me some great suggestions on my presentation slides.

I finished my ABCD law Matlab code today. Finally, I got a spot size that was very close to the result got from the previous method (5.244824842569mm compare to  5.171716695698mm).  Since I found the beam size was too large to reach the objective diameter, I calculated the original beam size which could fit the objective. In order to find the incident radius, I wrote a very very long equation. Surprisingly, Matlab actually solved it. The answer was a little bit impossible; it was even smaller than the beam size when the beam emitted from the laser box.  However, we can actually change the answer by decreasing the distance between the objective and the sample. 

No comments:

Post a Comment