Friday, August 4, 2017

Day 22

Dr. Qiao came to the lab this morning and I showed her my CCD camera software and script on Matlab. Dr. Qiao said that we should sync the delay line and CCD camera, so a computer can control the both the delay line and CCD camera at the same time. Since we didn't have any code to control the delay line, I sent an email to Thorlabs to see if they have any good idea. I also added a simple slide to explain the basic principle of my project.

In the afternoon, I went to RIT Undergraduate Symposium with my brother and Zihao. We listened to all the presentations in the Mathematical science section. Staffs like stress-concentration coupling, spiral waves, and critically packed spherocylinders were really intriguing. After all the four presentations, we finished all the posters. One interesting project was to investigate the use of arrows in mathematics and science. I also went to posters about Quantum Turing Machine (Qubit).

Finally, I worked on making CCD routine more automatically. In addition, I updated my code so it became more user-friendly.


No comments:

Post a Comment