Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 14

This morning I was working on the outline. Since I haven't got any results yet, I majorly wrote about what I had done so far in my outline. When I was writing the outline I realized I still didn't quite understand Second Harmonic Generation (SHG). For example, I was not sure why the frequency doubled after the light beam goes through the nonlinear crystal. So I was reading an optic textbook about the SHG. I saw frequency in polarization density doubled but still didn't know how polarization connected to the laser beam. Maybe I will ask Lauren about this tomorrow.

I was also learning some basic Differential Equations. Some values looked so familiar to me since they were very similar to the characteristic roots of recursive sequences. Maybe they are the same in some aspect... I'll learn more about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment