Monday, July 31, 2017

Day 18

Almost forgot tomorrow I can bring a friend. I've contacted a past year intern -- not sure whether he would like to come.

It's Monday today so I felt hard getting up this morning (even forgot to set the alarm). I majorly worked on double lens system today. I did some researches on the double lens system. Basically, I needed to solve equations for each lens separately. I put another convex lens between objective and camera to display the whole object in the small CCD sensor.



Lauren left me two different convex lenses. She said I could pick one and she gave me a hint related to the resolution of the image. So I looked up resolution limitation of the lenses. It looks like according to two equations, the longer the focal length, the smaller the NA,  and higher the resolution. I will ask Lauren whether this is correct tomorrow. Even though I thought I should use the longer focal length one, I still used the small one with lower f, since it was much easier to adjust the height and position. 


No comments:

Post a Comment